The Wesir Denise M. Feyrer

AkhuIconB
Dear Mum, Mom,

It tears me in two to know that you’re gone. It was so sudden and sad. I wish I’d had a chance to say good-bye. I should’ve called you when it crossed my mind. Although your actions broke my heart, I understand why you did it, and I’m sorry you felt that way, that I made you feel that way, especially from a distance. I am glad you have finally found peace and are now free of pain. I pray that your journey into the Beautiful West to stand at Wesir’s feet was smooth and fairly uneventful.

I fought for your wishes, like you taught me to. I fought tooth and nail! In the end, Dad was so heartbroken by your loss that he gave in. Aunt Sylvia adored you even through the hardest of times, and she made sure you’re next to your mom at least. It’s a compromise. I kept that bracelet and necklace you loved so much. I wear your class ring to keep you close. We still don’t know what happened to your favorite opal jewels and your old wedding set. I apologize for whomever stole from you. Oh how I miss you!

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve wanted to pick up the phone and call you and tell you about the wonderful things Doug and I are doing, and gush about how wonerful it feels to be in love! It breaks my heart to know I erased all your messages. I can’t stand the thought of Dad erasing the voicemail greeting for the house phone before I have a chance to record it somehow. That way I can hear it whenever I need to hear the message you left for us.

I love you more than I can voice. I know we had our hard times when I was young, but we had some good times as I got older when we could. I’ll always try to find a way to do Christmas/Moomas big in your honor.

I love you, you love me; that’s the way it’ll always be.

~P.G. / Ahmu