Short presentation.

Em hotep,
I am Skei, new in the beginner class. Have been fascinated by ancient Egypt for as long as I can remember. Also been a searcher in religion and philosophy many years. Artist painting fashion and abstract, and portraits. Jazz and pop/rock composer and musician. Author, philosophical sci fi and philosophy. Many find me very boring. Because I am. Searching for God/Gods. Thoth is my main inspiration. Truly looking forward to this course, which I find to be a divine intervention to steer me in the right direction. A bit late one might think, as I’m well nigh 60 yo. I say the ways of the divine are difficult to understand for us mere humans. Have been working as teacher, linguistics and social sciences at high school level, office admin, etc. I deal with some leisure time research of a history/religion nature. I feel it’s all conspiring to get me here, and that I’m possibly not where I thought I’d be but probably where I need to be. Hope to get to know you other students and teachers here in time. Oh, and I just now changed my avatar to illustrate my spiritual connection with Thoth, the scribe of the Gods. It feels right.
Be blessed :pray:

2 Likes

Em hotep and welcome, Skei! I hope you enjoy the beginners class!

1 Like

Em Hotep Skei!

You don’t sound boring at all :smiley:

As for being too old, you are never too old to search for love and acceptance and a higher calling (nor are you the eldest person in our temple :slight_smile: ).

Look forward to getting to know you!

1 Like

Em hotep, Temi,
Many thanks, and I am certain I will enjoy this very much!
Senebty
Skei

1 Like

Em hotep, Rev Padjaiemweru,
Thanks for the kind words. Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Senebty
Skei

Em hotep and welcome! You don’t sound boring to me at all, I think many people here enjoy art and science fiction in particular, and of course religious and philosophical discussions

1 Like

Em hotep, and thank you Setjezusenu! That sounds very nice. I value people having an open mind, and I feel that much trouble in the world would be prevented by the adopting of curiosity instead of fear of the unknown. Of course a careful approach is always healthy, but not too much of that perhaps…
Senebty
Skei

Em Hotep! Welcome Skei!

We have a number of musicians here. I need to resume vocal training. I play dumbek (middle easter goblet shaped drum), I have Egyptian Ney which I hope to one day make a pleasant sound LOL. I play clarinet, and want to learn electric guitar. For listening, I’m mostly a metal girl, though I definitely have eclectic tastes. I also have a growing love of Blues. Nina Simone is a goddess.

I hope that you get a lot out of the beginners class! See you around.

Senebty,

Ankhetbast

1 Like

Em Hotep, Ankhetbast,
Thanks for the reply, and nice to know there are a few musicos here! Mm, yes, Nina Simone is pure magic, like Ella, Anita O’Day, Miles, too many to mention, but they created the magic and it’s up to us to keep the light shining for the future. Blues. Coltrane. Blue Train. Otherworldly. The first band I played in, 45 years ago, was Moonshine Sam’s Blues Band. We loved Muddy Waters. We couldn’t play, but we loved Muddy. I love sax and clarinet. Have a digital flute/clarinet and play and practice. Used to play the trumpet in the school orchestra back when. Still love trumpet, but the neighbors wouldn’t love me if I played it, so digital it is. Jazz guitar and keyboard are my main instruments nowadays. But the music has to take the backseat now…Kemetic religion is the main topic these days. I still write, arrange and record a tune now and then but just for fun and to show the world I still know how. Just for fun.
Senebty
Skei

Em hotep, Skei~

Thoth (who I call Djehuty) is one of my favorites, too.
As it’s been said, it’s never too late. (I’m near 60 yo, but on the north side of that, at 65. :laughing:)

Enjoy your explorations!

Senebty (Be well!),
Neheh…

1 Like

En Hotep Neheh! Thanks so much for the kind words. Yes, Being into writing it feels like Thoth connects somehow. Glad not to be alone of my age here. But I was old even as a kid. Somehow. Life is a mystery. Senebty
Skei.

Hello and welcome! I think we’re a nice community. I like Djehuty too. I find Him really energizing

1 Like

Em hotep Amanda, and thanks for the welcome!
Yes, I feel at home here and will most likely prosper soulwise by these studies. It has been a long long journey but in the right direction. I wonder is there a preferred name for Djehuty/Thoth?
Senebty
Skei

We tend to call him Djehuty, but there’s variance. For instance, most people call Hathor “Hethert” here, but I get from Her she’d rather be called Hathor (Hah-Tor). So…

1 Like

Ah, Senuwierneheh. Em Hotep,
Then I guess nobody will be offended if I continue saying Thoth, as it has always been my name for him, and I will adjust it if it ever becomes necessary. I suppose there must be a number of variations due to the Ptolemaic and Roman connections. As long as I don’t break any conventions of Kemetic Orthodoxy.
Be well and prosper
Skei

If you sense that’s what the Deity wants you to call him, then do so.

Senebty!
(Live long and prosper!) (Yes, I’m a Trekkie!) :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Em hotep Senuwierneheh,
Ah, that’s fine, then I know.
Senebty :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Em hotep and welcome, Skel!

It’s never too late to find community and make connections!
So glad to have you here and looking forward to seein’ you around! I hope you enjoy the beginner’s course!!

Senebty for now!
~Taswau

1 Like

Em Hotep Taswau,
Thank you very much! It feels good to be here.
I just now purchased the four books by Rev. Dr. Tamara L Siuda, that I found at iBooks, so I have something to start reading and do prayers.

Senebty
Skei

1 Like

congrats on your purchases :smiley: many hours of reading and learning are in store for you.

However, and this is not directed at anyone in particular, you don’t have to purchase any thing for the beginner’s course. There is a reading list for further expansion on the topics, but nobody has to buy any of them, not even the ones by Rev Tamara Siuda. This is just a reminder for anyone worrying about costs.

3 Likes