Returning after a long time - em hotep, all! ^^

Em hotep, everyone!

It was quite a long time ago when I checked the forums of the House last time, or even got in touch with the Netjeru, so I try to re-introduce myself.

I’m a 28-year-old Hungarian Shemsu, who joined the community in 2020. I live in Budapest with the love of my life and our 9-year-old cat, Charlotte. I’m a product & marketing manager at my fiancée’s Warhammer 40,000-themed café-shop-club, and I’m also a FatChanceBellyDance®Style (formerly American Tribal Style®) dancer and (hopefully) soon-to-be FCBD®Style teacher.
Beside dancing, I also like reading, listening to music, collecting Tarot and Oracle cards (also doing some readings), wargaming, going to trips and learn about different cultures. I also love studying Ancient Kemet, of course (I almost became and Egyptologist, but university was just too stressful for me at that time, so I left it).
My RPD was in January 2021, when I was introduced to the community as Hethertshema’anefer (meaning “Hethert makes beautiful music”), Divined Daughter of Hethert-Sekhmet and Beloved of Bast and Yinepu-Wepwawet - and also the one who got the longest Shemsu-name ever, haha. That was a joyful moment with a lot of emotions for sure.

I had a little crisis-like thing in my life, which distracted me from focusing on my spiritual life, so I needed to solve those profane problems (and still have to deal with the aftermath). Fortunetaly some good things happened as well - I was engaged, for example, and we soon start planning our wedding with my fiancée.
Good thing that I also found my passion in a modern, group improvisational style of belly dance (which is FCBD®Style), and I’m training hard to become a teacher, and also to win (or at least get a good place in) competitions.
Good thing that I’m part of my love’s business and we do it as a family-business, so I feel this job much more stable and nice than any other I’ve had before.
But, after stabilizing my life and finding my passion, I’ve also realised that I miss the Netjeru and being part of the community, so, at least from Wep Ronpet, I try to be more active and start doing the Senut again. We moved to our current flat not a long time ago, so not even my altar has a place yet. It’s quite a small apartment and one cannot have too much private sphere, but maybe I can think about a solution - a “box-altar” I can put away or something. If anybody has any experience about it, feel free to write and share your thoughts on it, I would gladly accept some advices on how to make a movable altar.
And, of course, I also look forward to see how things will change around the House, like we will still have the RPD or not, how the clergy and priest-training will change, etc (yes, I had a call to become a priest myself, but now I don’t want to think about it, just about to reconnect first).

So, I hope I can be here more often, and I wish everyone good health and a joyful Summer with your loved ones!

Senebty,
Shema’a

6 Likes

Em hotep Shema’a, and welcome back!

It’s always wonderful to see wanderers return :smiley:

If you have any questions, there are loads of us willing to answer them!

2 Likes

Em hotep and welcome back! I’ve definitely seen some creative small or portable shrine ideas from various people in the community, though I don’t know if I have much advice on that front personally

1 Like

Welcome back, Shema’a! I’m always so glad when Mamma’s children return to the fold!

When you do get your shrine sorted out, do share photos? Please, :smile:

Senebty,
Neheh

1 Like

Em hotep! It’s great to have you back with us! <3

1 Like

Thank you very much for your kind words! :blush: If any questions come up, I will definitely ask them. :blush:

Thank you very much! :blush: I’m going to look around then, perhaps some of those members shared already their portable shrines. :open_mouth:

Thank you so much, Neheh! :blush: It is actually Her, I think, Who sent me a suggestion about being a bit more active around the House, so here I am. :smile:
If I find a solution and manage to make it real, I will surely share some photos about the shrine. :blush:

1 Like

Thank you very much, Rev. Tawa’u! :blush: It’s very nice to read all of your welcoming comments. :heart:

1 Like

Welcome back.

1 Like

Em hotep and welcome!

Before my back decided to go painful on me, I was a Middle Eastern inspired dancer for a long time. Mostly ATS, but my focus for the latest time has been Tribal Fusion. There are a few other dancers in the House as well.

Senebty,
Ankhetbast

1 Like

@mauvedragon Thank you! :blush:

@Ankhetbast Thank you very much! It’s always nice to meet fellow dancers, especially if they are ATS dancers. :blush: Some of my good friends are also Tribal Fusion dancers, they are all amazing, like this branch of non-authentic belly dance styles. I’m sorry about your back - I hope you get well soon and return to dancing! :heart: