Jimmy S

AkhuIconB
Dear Uncle Jimmy,

It’s been a while, huh? It’ll be two years this December since we lost you and honestly, the pain doesn’t get any easier. When I think about you the reality of your death hurts just as much as it did the day I was told that you had passed on. I’m still not sure why you left us, though I understand that you weren’t in a good place mentally and things just kept piling up. In the end you did what you thought was right and no one can blame you for that.

Everyone seems to be doing well. Your son is still involved in football and your daughter has gone off to university. I know that they’ll both be successful in their future careers. Your wife is still low at times but she’s getting better every week. She still drinks a lot. I pray that you will help her overcome the need to fix all her problems with alcohol. Things are still the same for me. I’m still in college but hoping to go to university next year. I want to go and study music. In the future I will probably have a job that my family strongly disagree with but I ask that you stick by me. I will be happy, supported financially, and content with this job. Eventually I would like to settle down and open my own funeral home so that I can support others as they go through hard times.

You never knew this, but I’m gay. I’m not sure if this would have ‘bothered’ you or not. I think at the end of the day, if it made me happy, then you would accept it. When I find a girl I’ll be sure to introduce you two.

I hope you’re doing well. I’ll speak to you soon.

Lots of love,

Aref