Jerry Imbriano

AkhuIconB
Hello Daddy.

It’s an early sunny morning, a pleasant summer day.

Jon is going to take up the flute, he has decided. So he is to be a flutist and Chris a violinist–who would have thought. We have to work up to getting them to play together, Dad.

David and I are going to take a trip to China soon. I am nervous–excited, but nervous. It won’t be the first time we have left the boys for more than a day or two, but–this is China. Somehow I think you would look forward to the adventure, even while being bewildered about such a different culture and value system You always did like meeting new people, Dad. Finding out about them. While remaining true to yourself.

I’m so proud to be your daughter. I do wish we had had more time together here, but, I know you know how much I love you and how much you have given me. My boys are part of that legacy. Half-Italian, filled with kindness, compassion—Thank you, Dad. Thank you for being here and watching out for all of us. Thank you for guiding the boys, when I think I can’t.

We give you all honor on this day of special days, but also every day. Because of you, we have joy, and strength, and hope for others. We delight in our family ties. May your name, Jerry, be sweet on our lips forever, and your life be warm in our hearts.

Senebty!
Kheni
Khenmetaset (Aset Gladdens Her)