I'm considering practicing Kemeticism, but...

I’ve always felt a deep connection with Bast, even before I knew she existed. She is the only deity in the world that I truly love. My only hesitation about converting is the fact that I’m Slavic. I generally consider myself agnostic, but I believe that if there are gods, one should worship the gods of their own culture. Will I offend my Slavic gods if I start seriously worshipping Bast? She even gave me a clear sign the day I first considered it.

1 Like

I think if She’s giving you signs you can respond without fear of offending anyone.

2 Likes

It is possible to honor your Slavic gods with your ancestors. Even if you don’t see them as “gods,” you can see them as tribal ancestors whom you honor. For example I honor the Celtic deities. I have a statue of Danu (I consider her a primordial ancestor and mother of other ancestors) and Cu Chulainn on my ancestral shrine. I see them more as enlightened divinized ancestors than gods. In this way I can honor my roots while still focusing on the deities whom I have a deep connection with in the Kemetic pantheon.

2 Likes