Hello !

Em hotep !

I’m a 21 years old Cuban residing in the US, and go by they/them pronouns. I’m currently attending Uni for my BA in Marine Bio !

My interest in the Kemet religion sparked at around the age of 12, when I realised Catholicism wasn’t the only religion and that I had the ability to find a practice where I felt more comfortable and accepted. I started to part from Catholicism and almost immediately, I felt Ra calling to me. I began to do more research and look deeper into each God and what they represent; I then started worshipping Djehuty, Ma’at and Set, alongside Ra. It wasn’t until 2022 where I began delving deeper and doing daily prayers, and finally was allowed by Djehuty to begin reading the Book of the Dead (long story).

I struggle internally sometimes, debating my faith because I’m such a science driven person. But lately, I’ve come to accept that they can coincide, so I’m truly excited and grateful to be able to learn more about the Gods I worship through this org.

As for what I do in my free time, I’m a researcher so I focus a lot of my free time on learning more about our weird planet, as well as playing games.

I can’t wait to meet you all and get to learn more about something I’m so fascinated about.

6 Likes

Em hotep and welcome!

Enjoy your explorations!

Senebty,
Neheh…

1 Like

Em hotep and welcome! What do you research?

1 Like

Em hotep and welcome!!

I hope you enjoy your time here! I understand being scientific - it took some time for me to accept that science and faith can exist at the same time. But what a wonderful feeling to have them both!

Senebty,
Taswau

1 Like

I currently work with Integrated Multi-Trophic Aquaculture (IMTA) systems, so I’m trying to find a way to make fish waste be 100% recyclable. As well as trying to produce shrimp that can digest plastic in order to decrease microplastics in our oceans.

Thank you for asking :smiley:

3 Likes

Em hotep and welcome! Your work sounds really interesting. <3

1 Like

em hotep and welcome!

1 Like

That sounds really interesting and useful!

1 Like

Welcome! I can appreciate how liberating it can feel to learn that science and religion can indeed be complimentary. Your work sounds quite interesting.

Senebty,

Tatuayinepu

1 Like

Em Hotep and welcome!

I too have a very scientific brain, and have worked as a scientist for many years, and sometimes by brain and my heart disagree, but not as often anymore :slight_smile:
I love the direction of your work, hopefully it is fruitful!

1 Like

Thank you ! I hope it is too. It can be extremely important towards the betterment of society, so I’m excited to be a part of this work. What science field are you a part of ?

Em hotep and welcome! Another Set person, yay! :grin:

Your work sounds amazing! I think applied sciences is very interesting though I never worked on it (I was on academia for a while, in a more theoretical field).

Senebty,
Ma’awer

1 Like

I have been a science educator off and on for many years, usually in the biological/ecological areas, but I dabble in physical sciences too :slight_smile:

1 Like