Hello Everyone!

Em Hotep!

I am so happy to be here. I have been considering joining for some time but the time never felt right until recently. I signed up for the next class and then read somewhere else that its full which is fine. As much as I want to start the beginners course asap I think in the end waiting will allow me to be more prepared mentally. I’m thinking the next one starts in approximately 4 months? Well, hopefully I’ll get a notification before the next one starts.

I am from California which I don’t think has an in-person HoN presence but I could be wrong. I feel very drawn towards Sekhmet since I was a child and I do my best to honor Her when I can. I do admit that I am terrible with direction and knowing what to do exactly for things like rituals and holidays so I am hoping that as I go about my journey with HoN I will have resources that can help me with that. One of my goals since I was a child was to become a Priest and maybe that can happen here? We’ll see.

I don’t know much about Kemetic practices but I’ve started studying what I can to prepare for the beginners class so hopefully at least some things will be familiar to me. If there are any resources like videos or books anyone can recommend I would greatly appreciate it! I have been watching videos on youtube and reading a couple of books so far and I found some nice devotionals that I really like. I also read about the RPD and I’m having fun guessing those. So far my thinking is one parent with maybe one beloved. I think the 4 months of waiting for the class and then 3 months after of waiting for info about the RPD will be good because it allows me to have zero expectations. Not that I think I wouldn’t accept the results now but I think it would be better if I clear my mind of any sort of expectation or possibility first.

Nice to meet everyone!

5 Likes

Em Hotep! Welcome!

I hope you have a wonderful time learning about Netjer and our community, I unfortunately have no idea when the next beginner’s course will start, so I can’t help you there, but I can encourage you to keep reading on the forums and asking questions of folk here. I did that for almost a year before taking the beginner’s course, and it served me well.

As for reading, I am a big fan of the “whatever catches your eye” method :wink: That said, Wilkinson’s “The Complete Gods and Goddesses of Ancient Egypt” was one of my first reads, and is a good way to get an overview of some of the variety of Netjer.

Padjaiemweru

3 Likes

Em hotep and welcome!

1 Like

Em hotep and welcome!

Enjoy your explorations here!

Senebty! (Be well!)
…Neheh

1 Like

Em Hotep and welcome!

1 Like

Em hotep and welcome!

I’ve also had to wait a few months for the Beginner’s Class to start. I still remember how exciting that time was! Exploring the religion while you wait is a great idea :grin:

About the RPD: it’s so important to go through it with as little expectation as possible. It’s also good to get to know as many Netjeru as possible while you wait the minimum time. I agree that the mandatory waiting period is a good thing, as I was definitely not ready for my results as a freshly-baked Remetj!

Senebty,
Ma’awer

2 Likes

Em hotep and welcome!

1 Like

Em hotep and welcome
I am also new here and i have already enrolled in the beginning course. Hope another course starts soon so you can get in and start your journey,but time will fly ,meanwhile stay inspired:)

2 Likes

Em hotep and welcome!

1 Like

Em hotep and welcome

1 Like

Em hotep! It sounds like you have a wonderful blend of excitement and curiosity, with pensiveness and patience. I hope that the class will begin soon for you, and that we can all be of some assistance in the meantime.

~Sekhemib

1 Like

Yes I’m hoping it begins maybe in March but at least after February because I’ll be out of town. I’m excited but trying not to be too excited because that leads to impatience and “wait mode”.
So far everyone has been so nice and I’m so happy! I can’t wait to start the class. I’m filling up a wishlist of different books to read in the mean time.

If i may ask, what is a fedw diviner? I’m trying to familiarize myself with the different titles.

Senebty :heart:

Not a problem, questions are welcome. A Fedw Diviner is someone who has been trained in the “in-house” form of divination we have known as Fedw (feh-doo). It is currently only available for training to those who are Shemsu, and the training must be done in-person with Hemet (so at a gathering event of some kind).

I am currently a Shemsu in the house, if it helps to have a title more in line with other people’s. Though my system (I am one person of several in this body, and there are two of us who are KO) is acknowledged as Shemsu-Ankh, which is the role my headmate Tjema’awy currently has. Sorry for the complicated situation there.

We use the title “Fedw Diviner” on the forum only so that people will remain aware that we offer the service. (Fedw is always free.)

~Sekhemib

2 Likes