Greetings!

Hi everyone, and Em Hotep!

I’m 43, trans female (she/her) from Tennessee, USA. I first came to Kemetic practice almost 10 years ago, and enjoyed it greatly. However, ever the spiritual seeker, after a few years I had a profound experience in a Shiva temple which led me to pursue Dharmic religion for a while. I practiced devotion to Krishna for many years, but ultimately became disillusioned by the propensity of other devotees for literalism and harsh judgment towards anyone they perceived as ‘sinful.’ It finally occurred to me that this was not really any different than the conservative Christian environment that I fled when I was young, so I left the practice and took formal refuge as a Buddhist, which I find much more practical in general.

However, over all of that time, the Netjeru never left me, and They were never far from my thoughts. Set in particular seems to always be around, and he regularly showed up in my meditations over the years. My Buddhist practice is not in conflict with working with the Netjeru (in fact they complement each other rather well), so I have decided to pursue Kemetic practice again. My perspective has changed quite a bit, thanks to the years that I spent in Dharmic religion, and I find there is a lot of common ground with Kemetism. I am excited to see where this path leads.

I have applied to the beginners course and look forward to getting to know all of you.

Tin

4 Likes

Em hotep and welcome! I think there are other people here who are or have been Buddhist and Kemetic, so you’re not alone in that

Welcome! I’m excited to meet you! Are you doing the beginner class this month? I think Buddhism is really cool. I keep rereading Live In A Better Way by His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Em hotep and welcome.

Oh nice! Yes, the Dalai Lama teaches some wonderful things. He was the teacher of my teacher, and so I share his name (his Buddhist name is Tenzin Gyatso, mine is Tenzin Palden).

I was hoping to make the beginner class this month, but I fear I may have applied too late, I haven’t heard anything back yet.

1 Like

Em hotep and welcome!

Em hotep and welcome!

Em hotep, welcome!

Em hotep and welcome! I am very excited to meet you! I am also hoping to take the beginners course which starts this month. I’m not sure if its too late but I do know they are reviewing applications now. Hopefully you get in! I am unsure of when the next class (64) would begin. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Em hotep and welcome! <3

Em hotep and welcome!

Set’s special to me, as well.

Enjoy your explorations!

Senebty,
Neheh…

Em hotep and welcome! Set seems to enjoy multifaith people (I’ve come to Kemeticism after being exclusively Hellenic and He was the first Netjeru to “oficially” welcome me in the faith).
Enjoy the Beginner’s Class!

Senebty,
Ma’awer

1 Like

Em hotep and welcome!

There are a few people that walk a Buddhist path along with Kemetic Orthodox here. I am primarily KO, but had an active Buddhist practice for a few years prior to coming here.

Senebty,

Tatuayinepu

1 Like

Hotep! What a wonderful (and sometimes sad) journey you have been on. I too searched through many different religions trying to find my home before (accidentally) finding our temple :slight_smile: I hope you enjoy the next steps of your journey here, and always feel free to ask questions!

Padjaiemweru

1 Like

It took a long time for me to hear back, I guess they hear from a lot of people

Welcome! I too have been interested in the dharma for many years and have practiced Vajrayana Buddhism in the past.