em hotep from a friend

Em hotep from a friend everyone, I am Sylvester.
I have been surveying Kemetic Orthodoxy and have decided to come out from simply surveying and start talking, even if just for a bit.

I feel like my entire life I have been guided to the path of Kemeticism and now that I am aware, I can finally take the steps further into the practice.

Even though I am still younger and exploring the practice, I have a grasp of who I may work with. I feel as if many Netjer have been with me.

I have always had an interest in what’s going on in the sky, the stars, the clouds, the planets we can and cannot see; so I feel like this may be Nut reaching out to me, to get me to realize her being.

My life has been full of imbalance and chaos that I simply cannot control. Of course, chaos is not completely bad; it can make life a bit more interesting. That is where I believe Sutekh comes in. (And it saddens me to know that His name had been associated with complete negativity for a while.)

Cats have always been a part of my life, always. Even today, my family cares for over 30 cats! And even when we had much less, we had always had some. It seems they are naturally attracted to us, and that is where I believe Bast comes in.

Of course, every Netjer is with us in the little things. Ra in the Sun, Khonsu in the Moon, Djehuty in our craving for knowledge, Geb in the land, and Wesir and Aset in those whom we follow today.

I am happy to know we live in a time where we are free as human beings to explore and choose who we follow. Should I have lived earlier on, I do not believe I would have had the opportunity to realize my path of the Netjer and embrace them. I hope every Kemetic is warm, fed, and happy under the Netjer’s light, and I hope every person of every religion is warm, fed, and happy under the light of their Deity or Deities.

Dua’ten to everybody who read and listened to my story.
Senebty, ankh uadja seneb.
-Sylvester, they/them

7 Likes

Em hotep and welcome, Sylvester!

I hope you enjoy your wandering and learning here!

Senebty,
Temi

Em hotep and welcome Sylvester!

Em hotep and welcome Sylvester!

What a beautiful recognition of Who is in your life, and a good reminder to us all that They love us and care for us and want us to be our best selves :slight_smile:

Em hotep and welcome, Sylvester!

Senebty!
…Neheh

Em hotep and welcome! I hope you enjoy your time with us!

Em hotep and welcome!

Em hotep and welcome

Hello! So nice to meet you! Nut is one of the Netjer I’m closest with! I love hearing about peoples connection to Her.