Daily Prayers?

I was wondering what anyone does for daily/weekly/monthly prayers or practice? I know daily is hard but I’m more just curious if there is anything that anyone does in some cadence. Maybe some people do something at least weekly with the netjeru. I’m looking for more ways to interact with them and I figure that prayers and/or offerings would be a good idea so I’m wondering what others do? I work mainly with Sekhmet but it will be months in between me doing something and I feel like I should be doing something more often. I got curious to see what others do so I thought I’d ask. And if you do offerings, what sort of offerings do you use and is there a particular reason for using those things? I’m sure similar topics will be in the beginners class which I’ve been accepted into but I’m still waiting for it to start.
Thanks!

4 Likes

Nesi has provided some fantastic information!

In addition to regular Senut, I enjoy offering my meals. In particular, I love my Breakfast with Bast (alliteration is fun!). For now, just offer them with a sincere heart. Take a moment, focus on the God, and say Dua Sekhmet! (or Whoever) Then pause however long feels right (for me 2-10 seconds generally), and dive in!

Senebty,

Ankhetbast

4 Likes

I would love to do Senut daily, but currently it’s too much executive function most of the time to fit into my routine, so I do it weekly instead unless I’m travelling or have guests over (my apartment isn’t large enough to get privacy when anyone is staying over).

I do have some daily prayers though! I say a short prayer to Ma’at in the mornings, and the Sekhmet prayer against the pandemic. And I say a short prayer when I put on my necklace with the pendants I have from Bezen’s shop. I also offer one meal a day to my whole line up.

I also have a stone representing each member of my line up, and cycle through which one I carry with me. I offer one meal of my day to whoever’s stone I am carrying.

I like having little ways like that to stay in touch and connected with them, even when I’m not able to do Senut

2 Likes

I make things overly complicated because that’s my schtick. I’m also new here so can’t speak for KO. I looked up a lot of prayers on the internet from historical sources and/or beautiful prayers written by modern devotees and I use those fairly regularly. I also like to dedicate actions to Netjer based on what values I associate with Them/Their myths.

Like for Nut I might scry, or go out under the stars or do a death/ rebirth meditation. For Sekhmet I like to dedicate advocacy work or shadow work, Tai chi, things like that. I have a candle for each Netjer I’ve become acquainted with ( not many) and I take turns lighting them and offering something like herbs, or oil, or some kind of beverage which is largely based on unverified personal gnosis. I offered Sekhmet Vanilla Coke a few days ago because I thought the caffeine and vanilla combination worked with Her vibe.

I also like to do voice offerings or write letters to my akhu. Sharon Laborde has a good one. She also hosts a weekly Kemetic service on YouTube which I like though it is not KO.

I cycle through these and other things. I try to do one to three little things a day but I don’t always succeed. I take turns with which Netjer I honor on which day.

None of this is super KO. I still haven’t taken the beginner class. But I like my little devotions.

3 Likes

Wow, cool posts and group !!.. I did not think people out there really cared about the Neteru !!
Every Sunday 4 me to the UNIVERSAL FAMILY — MAAT, RA, JEHUTY, Aset Asar Heru.
When the water is low I do a full homage to ALL THE GODS like APT/BATA/ BESET/BES KOM OMBO…etc before refilling.

I try to do these at Re or Khepri if not then at Temu

1 Like